Saturday, September 26, 2015

Eduard's FW-190 D. The build from hell. Pt1

Earlier this year I had started Eduard Fw-190 to enter in the IPMS Nationals.   The kits turned into a nightmare.   The wing canon covers would not fit without a lot of filing on on them.  The engine assembly was a bear to do.  The worst part after the fuselage was put together the Machine
gun  cowl didn't fit.  The only fix was to break apart the area in front of the cockpit fire wall.
 The lower wing between the wheel I replaced that with a one of a tamiya FW-190A8.   After managing to fix the problem with the cowl fit I thought I was going have a great looking model. After painting the model I noticed that the tail didn't look right.   To my surprise the rear fuselage was twisted to left.    It became a task to finish the aircraft.  Now I need to take pictures of the finished model.   Here are some in work pictures.
My attempt at correcting the props.
My mix of tamiya paints for the aircraft.  The white on the wing is my repair for the gun camera
More headaches! Broke off one exhaust stub...
Prop ready for paint

No comments:

Post a Comment