Thursday, April 2, 2020

Guide to assembly Edward FW-190D

Most of folks that have tried to build this kit have found it is a pain in the butt.  When the kit came out I bought several of them.  Why, because Eduard's kit aare top notch.   I struggled, cursed and cried. Only to find out the fuselage was twisted.    It is on the shelf of doom these day.

  What I'm getting here is Heinz Fang is writing an assembly guide...  Here is the guide to build or assembly a perfect Eduard FW-190D

How I build Eduard’s Fw 190D-9 (1)
Never let my guiding mentor know that I'm not writing a dissertation at the moment, but writing this.
First of all, I don't really recommend the assembly in the order of the instructions, the reason will be explained later. Finally, I will explain my method, if there are other suggestions, please let me know.
Hope this article is helpful to you.
Don't be afraid of the problem, but be afraid of the same problem happening repeatedly.
Eduard's positioning method is different from the PIN method we are used to. He is like an old wooden building without nails in the ancient East. As long as the position of a part is deviated, it will affect the result of the entire finished product.
I do n’t have a model right now, so I use the manual to explain.
At the stage of fuselage assembly, pay attention to STEP A, STEP B, and STEP E. Especially STEP B.
STEP B has two things to note
1. Parts X38, X5 should be consistent with the positioning of the fuselage parts
2. Part X46 should coincide with part R8
3. Pay attention to the position of part X26 .
4. Pay attention to the positions of parts X3 + W6 and X10 + W5 .
If the position is inadvertent, you can only rub off the interference to match other parts.
See the photo for the method of closing the gun hatches.
( To be continue...)















No comments:

Post a Comment