Friday, December 6, 2019

Ed Barthelmes 2019 IPMS winners

  Ed is an amazing modeller.  His specialty is US Naval Aircraft.  In 2006 I got a job with General Electric Transportation (locomotives). I had posted on Hyperscale that I was looking for a hobby shop in Erie. One of reader on hyperscale suggested I get in touch with Ed.  A few days later Ed connected me via email. The Erie Chapter was small group of modellers.  All of them were regional winners in their Class.   The group had aircraft, armor, car and ship modellers.  They held meeting at their homes.

Ed invited to come by his house to see his models..  All I have say I was awestruck at the quality of his builds.   Ed loves F-8 Crusader and had ton of them in collection.  All his finish models where in containers. As explained to keep the dust off of them.   Later Ed was known as the go to guy on anything about F-8's   I was honored to be in his presence.

When I received my IPMS Journal with the winners from the 2019 Nationals.   I saw that Ed did pretty good at the national placing in a number of categories.   IPMS 2019 convention photos

Here are the winners.


1st place small plane 1/72 US manufactures and markings.

2nd place Aircraft; Small Jet; 1/72 (not exceeding 8.5" length or wingspan)

First place in large jet other 1/48.

Second place Large aircraft 1/72 scale.

3rd place Medium prop aircraft 1/72

No comments:

Post a Comment