Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Converting FW190 A3 to A4 (Tamiya) Part1. The beginning

While digging pile of kits. To my luck  I found my Tamiya FW-190 A3 I had started about 8 years ago.  It same the wife has moved it to the shelf of doom area,  As we all know ours wife have tendency to move our models around,  In the box was the landing gear bay update,  The A3-A4 conversion,   Time to put it together,  Yes I know the Eduard has a beautiful A4 kit.  But I have spent the money already.  Don't laugh to hard as I stumble through the conversion and build.




Vector FW-190 Gear bay update set.   This is a tough bugger to fit

There is alot of plastic removal  here. The  landing gear attachment area had to be
enlarged in the resin part

The first attempt to increasing the opening for the landing gear.

Eduards photo etch cockpit update.


Eagle design A3 to A4 update.  The shrouded cooling gills. New correct rudder and antenna tip. Last piece is the new headrest.


2 comments:

  1. ;...watching with interest...I built the Tamiya A-3 a while ago, nice kit of course, although the gear is a little tricky....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I going to use metal landing gear on the FW-190. The company that makes the metal landing gear has corrected the problem. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete