Thursday, May 21, 2020

Reader feed back on Colorful C-47

I received this email about the Colorful C-47.  It is great to see that I have fo;;owers of this blog.   These are the emails that inspire me to keep posting,   Jamie when you finish the model I would like to post a picture of in on the blog.. Thanks




j

May 20, 2020, 7:23 PM (12 hours ago)
to me
Morning Gary, greetings from Australia! 

My name is Jamie McIntyre, ex-Royal Australian Navy (just a touch over 23 years) now living in Tweed Heads South, NSW. 

I found your Blog a few months back during a Google search, and am now a regular but until now silent lurker! 

Just wanted to let you know that your post on May 9 led to me creating the below for my Italeri 1/72 kit. 

I've been making my own decals since 2006, going from inkjet to laser and back to inkjet, currently using Dr Decal & Mr Hyde Waterslide Inkjet Decal Paper through a Canon Pixma MG2965 printer, and over-coating with Microscale Liquid Decal Film. This is the start of my 108th A4 sheet for personal use, not counting ones I sell (EBay, forums) or do for friends! 

I make the artwork on Powerpoint so have to take a few "artistic liberties" here and there (ie the font, close but no cigar, and note how the circled 3 and 5 over the star n bar impinge on the numeral below, I can't replicate this), and while I assume the artwork was applied to one side only have done it for both just in case. 

Hope you like it, Jamie







No comments:

Post a Comment