Thursday, June 11, 2020

Post war Navy blue.

This is off of Hyperscale.  
Corey in Colorado suggestion as to which paint company has the bet match.


Overall I like the Gunze Mr Color gloss sea blue C365 that comes in the US Navy special box, it sprays wonderfully, is very durable and looks pretty good.

The old Model Master GSB looked good too, I liked the slight green hue that it had. In my opinion, it didn’t perform quite as well as the Gunze did.

I have recently tested the MRP navy blue 14 and thought it performed well and looked ok, maybe a little too grey. I’m not educated in color theory so I’m not sure about the terminology, but the MRP gsb didn’t look as “deep” a blue as the Gunze or Model Master blues. I guess this means the MRP is less saturated?

Corey


Here is a test strip I did during my last Gloss Sea Blue build. Totally unscientific and stupidly sprayed on a Corsair wing (all I had at hand) but maybe it will give an idea.


Also, interestingly (and confusingly), Gunze Navy Blue 14 and MRP 14 look just about exactly the same (Gunze 14 not shown on test strip above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment